August Meeting Cancelled
The August meeting falls on the date of the solar eclipse and there are many members on vacation so the decision was made to cancel the meeting and reconvene in September. Enjoy your two minutes of darkness during the eclipse and we will see you on September 18th.
Mite Re-Treatment 8/16/17
On Wednesday 8/2/17, David Foti, Antoine, and Jim Caskowski took 8 frames of capped honey from the 3 hives. We consolidated the remainder of uncapped and not fully capped supers~ 10 frames to the strongest hive to let the bee’s finish up. We also treated with Thymol the remaining two hives since we removed the honey supers. We plan on returning on 8/16/17 Wednesday to repeat treatment and start the process for the last hive. Any all members are welcome to come and learn
Date: August 16, 2017
Location: Historic Johnson Farm
The next big event we have on schedule is the Apple Festival in Hendersonville on Labor Day Weekend Sept 1-3. Let Tim Tankersley know you are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org.) Click the link below to open a flyer.
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Kim Bailey, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website @ hcbeekeepers.org will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events @ http://hcbeekeepers.org/hcba-calendar-of-events/ will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/949391935125978/ (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter @ https://twitter.com/HCBeekeepers. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
Thank you for your support!
Sherman’s Sports and Army Store, Moe’s Original Bar B Que, Scarlet’s Boutique, Attorney’s Title, Homestead Linens and Carolina Cottages for sponsoring Honey Bear in Hendersonville’s Bearfootin’ Bears. The proceeds from the auction were generously donated to the HCBA, supporting our club and local pollinators!
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!