HCBA June 18 Meeting and BBQ
Our June meeting will be our annual Pot Luck. The Club will provide Smoked Pork Butts and drinks. Please bring a dish to share. Follow the link to Sign Up Genius to let us know what you are bringing. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B054FA4A623A0FB6-june. We will Meet at the Pavilion next to the Henderson County Extension Office in Jackson Park. The address is 100 Jackson Park Rd. Come join the crowd, enjoy good food and talk about bees.
May 26 Apiary Sessions
Saturday at 10a.m. is our weekly Apiary sessions. May 26, and the agenda is: hive inspections and how to maintain or increase your colony numbers. We will also field questions from all attendees. For all those that are interested in apiary sessions, we will continue to have apiary events regardless of the weather. Rain or shine, one or more experienced apiary members will be @ Johnson Farm. If there is rain we will take cover and answer some of the burning questions you may have. So, please join us. The sessions will be at the HCBA apiary at Historic Johnson Farm
Bloomin’ Report from the HCBA Monthly Meeting, Monday April 16
Here is the Bloomin’ Report from last Mondays meeting that includes typical flowering times for western North Carolina.
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter click here. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!