Guest Speaker Bob Binnie in Hendersonville, NC
Bob is an extremely knowledgeable and dedicated beekeeper. Bob is known to many in the beekeeping community for the quality of his bees and hive products. Bob has shared his knowledge in many national and international forums.
Bob and Suzette own and operate The Blue Ridge Honey Company! Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from Bob about his passion of beekeeping!
Visit The Blue Ridge Honey Company for Bob’s bio!
I urge you all to remain vigilant and practice good hygienic behavior in your apiaries.
Knowledge is power…
South Carolina Beekeepers Association
SCBA Member Report
Regulatory Notification (American Foulbrood)
August 13, 2016 www.scstatebeekeepers.com
SCBA Members,Report from Chief Apiary Inspector – Stephen Bradley Cavin
I wanted to inform the SCBA Members that we have an official confirmation from the USDA/ARS Beltsville Bee Lab in Maryland of American Foulbrood in Spartanburg County. To be more specific AFB was found near the intersection of Bible Church Road, Peachtree Road and Mountainview Road area of Boiling Springs. By informing the members of the SCBA I hope to get cooperation by beekeepers if they are experiencing problems especially in the affected area to contact DPI. This cooperation is very important South Carolina does not requirement of beekeeper registration.
Attached is a map of the area. Beekeepers should call if they are experiencing any issues.
Stephen Bradley Cavin
Chief Apiary Inspector / Plant Pest Specialist
Department of Plant Industry
612 Chesnee Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Welcome Chris Aamodt
HCBAs First ‘Master Apiarist’
Chris will be leading the club in hands on education at Johnson Farm
Johnson Farm Apiary Workshop
Aug 20, check calendar for details
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website @ hcbeekeepers.org will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events @ http://hcbeekeepers.org/hcba-calendar-of-events/ will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/949391935125978/ (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter @ https://twitter.com/HCBeekeepers. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
Thank you for your support!
Sherman’s Sports and Army Store, Moe’s Original Bar B Que, Scarlet’s Boutique, Attorney’s Title, Homestead Linens and Carolina Cottages for sponsoring Honey Bear in Hendersonville’s Bearfootin’ Bears. The proceeds from the auction were generously donated to the HCBA, supporting our club and local pollinators!
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!