No Meetings Until March 2018
Henderson County Black Jar Honey Contest
We have gotten off to a late start this year but there is still time to enter your honey in the Henderson County Black Jar Honey Contest.
Entrees submitted, must be by the producing beekeeper and be pure unadulterated honey from his or her bees.
Entrees must be bottled in (3) one lb. glass jars. 1 jar shall be left unmarked, while the other two must have the beekeeper’s label attached as he or she would when presenting their honey for sale. None of the three will be returned. The labeled bottles will be sold as a benefit for the association and Johnson Farm, being split between.
The deadline for entry is Friday, November 3, 2017. Please submit entries to Joy at the Welcome Center and office of Historic Johnson Farm. The judging will be November 13, 2017 at our monthly meeting. The winner of the HCBA Black Jar Contest will be automatically entered into the Center for Honey Bee Research Black Jar Contest. Entry fee and postage will be paid by HCBA.
Thank you for entering, and may the best honey win!
Our November meeting is the HCBA annual elections and we have several important positions open. If you are interested in serving the club, please let Antione Ignizio know. His phone number is 828-489-6715 and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org.The positions open are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two board positions.
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Kim Bailey, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website @ hcbeekeepers.org will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events @ http://hcbeekeepers.org/hcba-calendar-of-events/ will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/949391935125978/ (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter @ https://twitter.com/HCBeekeepers. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
Thank you for your support!
Sherman’s Sports and Army Store, Moe’s Original Bar B Que, Scarlet’s Boutique, Attorney’s Title, Homestead Linens and Carolina Cottages for sponsoring Honey Bear in Hendersonville’s Bearfootin’ Bears. The proceeds from the auction were generously donated to the HCBA, supporting our club and local pollinators!
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!