Two apiary sessions are scheduled for Saturday 3/25/2017.
The Apiary Sessions on Mite Sugar Shake will be at 11 a.m. and 1p.m. Nuc Installation will be at noon and 2 p.m.
The classroom sessions have ended and the Apiary Events have begun. The next session is Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. with mite sugar shake
The second session on nuc installation and will be at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
Please remember that the apiary sessions are for students of the 2017 Bee School you pre registration is required. Thanks for your help.
** please bring your veil to all apiary sessions **
** All workshops are weather dependent. Please monitor the clubs website, twitter and Facebook **
Location: Historic Johnson Farm
3346 Haywood Road (across the street from Rugby Middle School)
Hendersonville, NC 28791
Attention Honey Sellers
Sell your honey at Cider Jam 2017 in Hendersonville. April 22, 2017 from 1-6, HCBA will have a booth at Cider Jam on South Main Street. If you are interested, please contact Kim Bailey @ email@example.com. For more information about the event, follow this link Cider Jam
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Kim Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website @ hcbeekeepers.org will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events @ http://hcbeekeepers.org/hcba-calendar-of-events/ will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/949391935125978/ (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter @ https://twitter.com/HCBeekeepers. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
Thank you for your support!
Sherman’s Sports and Army Store, Moe’s Original Bar B Que, Scarlet’s Boutique, Attorney’s Title, Homestead Linens and Carolina Cottages for sponsoring Honey Bear in Hendersonville’s Bearfootin’ Bears. The proceeds from the auction were generously donated to the HCBA, supporting our club and local pollinators!
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!