Coming up on May 6, 2020; 7:00 PM EDT
Apiculture Online: Hive Chat with NC State
We are happy to continue our bi-weekly Zoom apiculture webinars called Apiculture Online—Hive Chat with NC State. Our next webinar will be this next Wednesday, May 6th at 7:00 pm (EDT).
Since most if not all local beekeeping chapters are not meeting in person, there is a real vacuum of opportunity to discuss issues related to apiculture and hive management. We hope to fill that void by offering regular live webinars including seasonal management updates, interviews with special guests, and real-time Q&A. Be on the lookout for future emails through our Wolfpack Waggle listserv disseminating the link, but for further information and regular updates can also be found on our ‘Webinars’ page on the NC State Apiculture Program’s Extension Portal site.
We will be live streaming our webinar on our YouTube channel, so if you have trouble accessing the Zoom link or simply wish to be a passive participant, please join us at:
NCDA letter to allow travel for beekeeping activities.
In our ever-changing world of today, a stay at home order now exists for North Carolina. Honeybees and beekeeping is considered agricultural and essential. A letter from Steve Troxler, NC Commissioner of Agriculture has been issued from him, and a letter to permit travel for this purpose. A copy of the letter is also signed by me is available for download here. It is for the purpose of travel as it relates to beekeeping. This will cover active members of the NCSBA, it is not a free pass to travel for personal use, but the purpose of beekeeping. I am only able to verify members of the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association.
Paul Newbold, President, NCSBA
HCBA Meeting Minutes
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes are now available online. Access them from this LINK
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, firstname.lastname@example.org
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!