Pollinator Month, June 2017, is a celebration of the valuable ecosystem services provided by bees, birds, butterflies, bats, beetles, and other species that help pollinate more than 1,200 crops and about 90% of all wild plants. Join the fun, learn more, and get involved with bringing back the pollinators by participating in the variety of activities being offered in Hendersonville and the surrounding area. Get great gardening tips, help remove invasive plants and restore native habitats, learn more about keeping honey bees, discover the fascinating world of plant-pollinator interactions, witness the miracle of butterfly metamorphosis, take a walk to observe native plants and pollinators in action, bring the kids out to play interactive pollinator games plus create cool crafts, taste special menu items at local restaurants, and more! View the complete schedule of events at http://www.hendersonvillenc.gov/pollinator-week-events and http://www.ashevillegreenworks.org/pollination-celebration.html
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Kim Bailey, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website @ hcbeekeepers.org will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events @ http://hcbeekeepers.org/hcba-calendar-of-events/ will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/949391935125978/ (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter @ https://twitter.com/HCBeekeepers. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
Thank you for your support!
Sherman’s Sports and Army Store, Moe’s Original Bar B Que, Scarlet’s Boutique, Attorney’s Title, Homestead Linens and Carolina Cottages for sponsoring Honey Bear in Hendersonville’s Bearfootin’ Bears. The proceeds from the auction were generously donated to the HCBA, supporting our club and local pollinators!
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!