November Meeting Meeting
Henderson County Beekeepers Association meets Monday November 18, 2019 7pm at the Henderson County Extension Office, 100 Jackson Park Rd, Hendersonville, NC. It’s our last Association Meeting of the year.
There is a lot going on at the meeting so please join us.
#1 Annual Elections, announcement of officers and board members.
#2 Bring a desert to share. We are moving in to the eating season so lets kick it off with something sweet.
#3 Black Jar Honey contest. We are using local (club) rules for our meeting. Click Here for Rules
#4 Bee Keeping Equipment sale/swap. Do you have some equipment you want to get rid of? Do you want to buy some equipment cheap? This may be the place to do it… The Club has 2 complete Warre hives plus some other pieces that we would like to sell. If you have something you want to sell or swap, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what and how much so we can make a space for you.
2020 Bee School Signup
Bee School registration is open and the first class is January 13, 2020. The $75 fee includes a one year membership to HCBA, a book and all class material. Click here to register.
HCBA Meeting Minutes
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes are now available online. Access them from this LINK
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter click here. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!