2019 Bee School Enrollment is now Available
Bee School for 2019 is January 14-February 25. If you were thinking you wanted to start keeping bees but had no idea what to do, you are in luck. Enrollment for 2019 Bee School is open. All you have to do is become a member of HCBA (click here) and while you are waiting for Bee School to begin, you can join us in the Apiary at Historic Johnson Farm every Saturday so you will have some hands on knowledge before you go to school.
HCBA Apiary Session 9/22
Saturday 9/22/18 we will have an apiary event where we will perform hive inspections on the club hives and we will continue our feeding regiment. Please consider joining us at 10:00-12:00 . Saturday 9/29 will be the last scheduled apiary event for 2018. We will resume apiary events in March of 2019.Event details will be posted here on this website . All apiary events are held at Historic Johnson Farm
HCBA Meeting Minutes and Treasurer Reports
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes and Treasurer Reports are now available online. Access them from this LINK
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter click here. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!