2018 Beekeeping School
The Henderson County Beekeepers Association (HCBA) is pleased to announce the schedule for their 2018 Beekeeping School. You will learn about bee biology, care and feeding, equipment selection and use, honey and wax production, pest control and resources for continued education. The course objective is to prepare you to successfully care for your bees during the first year of beekeeping. The $75 fee is for a family (spouse/partner/SO and dependent children) and includes a textbook, course materials and one year FAMILY membership to HCBA. Those completing the class and planning to become spring 2018 beekeepers are encouraged to take advantage of HCBAs unique mentor program. Mentors make themselves available to ‘hands on’ support and coach those completing this course during the critical first year of beekeeping.
The class is held every Monday evening for 7 weeks beginning January 15, 2018 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center, 455 Research Drive in Mills River, North Carolina
For alumni of HCBA’s Bee School, you have the opportunity to audit the class for free. There are a limited number of seats and priority is given to new students. If you are interested in coming back to Bee School, please email email@example.com with your name and the year you attended. You have the option of purchasing the class text book which is Bee Keeping for Dummies 3rd edition.
Enroll in HCBA 2018 Bee School Now!
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, firstname.lastname@example.org
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Twitter click here. If you follow hcbeekeepers, you will receive tweets (think text messages) regarding club news!
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!