2021 Beekeeping School
The Henderson County Beekeepers Association (HCBA) is pleased to announce the schedule for their 2021 Beekeeping School. This is one of this region’s most extensive beekeeping courses consisting of 7 class sessions, 4 outdoor sessions and at least 2 apiary sessions with over a dozen instructors from the southeast. The course objective is to prepare you to successfully care for your bees during the first year of beekeeping. The $75 fee includes a textbook, course materials and a one year Family membership to HCBA. Those completing the class and planning to become spring 2021 beekeepers are encouraged to take advantage of HCBA’s unique mentor program. Mentors make themselves available to ‘hands on’ support and coach those completing this course during the critical first year of beekeeping.
The class is held every Monday evening for 7 weeks beginning January 11, 2021 from 7 to 8:30 PM. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all classes will be on the ZOOM platform. Our outdoor and Apiary Sessions will be held at Historic Johnson Farm, 3346 Haywood Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28791 For more information, go online or call 828-BEE-5623
HCBA Meeting Minutes
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes are now available online. Access them from this LINK
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!