Hosted In Partnership With
Henderson County Beekeepers Association
Henderson County Cooperative Extension
The 2017 class has been refreshed with a renewed focus on providing new beekeepers the information needed to keep their bees alive in their first year!
The scope of the class is to provide the beginning beekeeper the practical knowledge and skills required to successfully manage a colony of bees from receipt in spring through winter.
The 2017 program will feature seven classroom lectures and, for the first time, hands on apiary sessions.
Location: Mountain Horticulture Center
455 Research Drive
Mills River, NC 28759
Time: 7:00PM to 9:00 PM
Jan 16, Jan 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20,and 27
Make up dates, in the event of cancellations: March 6, 13, 20 and 27
Location: Historic Johnson Farm
3346 Haywood Road
Hendersonville, NC 28791
March 4, 11, 18, 25, April 8, 22 – subject to weather
- HCBA 2017 membership (mandatory) $10
- Lecture and Apiary $65 – includes mandatory book
- A link to class assignments will be provided to class enrollees at least 1 week prior to each class
- Reviewing the assigned material, watching the videos and completing the required reading as requested will maximize what you get out of this education – and help you keep your bees alive!
- Surveys will be made available after each session. Completing the survey will get you an entry into our free drawings for special prizes… Honest, concise feedback will help us improve the program.
- Weather related closures will track to BR Community College. HCBA will post closing information on twitter, facebook, 828 BEE 5623 and website
- Class cancellations will be rescheduled by extending class end date
Limited class in 2017
- We are now limiting the class size to approximately 70 students. The focus is on quality, personalized education!
- New, 1st time attendees will be given enrollment priority
- It is recommend that previous beginner class attendees take the new, yet to be announced, HCBA Intermediate Beekeeper Education, beginning in spring 2017. Become an HCBA member and/or join our mailing list for future announcements.
- Prior years beginner class attendees may join waiting list by emailing email@example.com
Begin the Enrollment Process for 2017 Beginner Beekeeper Education by following this link
2017 Beginner Beekeeper Education Course Flyer below, please share with your friends!