Black Jar Honey Contest Winners
The Black Jar Honey Contest was held at our November meeting and there was a tie for first place. Congratulations to:
T.J. and Luis Olvera with their Blue Ridge Mountain Amber
Padma Dyvine and Will Reddish of Bear Branch Apiary.
Both entries will be moving on to The Center for Honeybee Research Black Jar Honey Contest next spring.
Thanks for all who participated and to Shane Masterson for running it.
2020 Bee School Signup
Bee School registration is open and the first class is January 13, 2020. The $75 fee includes a one year membership to HCBA, a book and all class material. Click here to register.
HCBA Meeting Minutes
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes are now available online. Access them from this LINK
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, firstname.lastname@example.org
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as the Michael Palmer seminar held early this year. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!