It’s yellowjacket season! If you got here looking for someone to relocate bees, text a picture of them to the number below. It is probably not bees. If you see a “paper” nest, it is not bees and we will not remove them. Get some hornet and wasp spray and at dusk, spray them down. See picture below to help you identify them.
If you have a swarm on your property, we probably have someone willing to come get it. Click on the link and call whoever covers your area or call 828 BEE 5623 (828-233-5623)
Next Apiary Session – ?
Apiary sessions are held at the club’s apiary at Historic Johnson Farm (select link for info) on Haywood Rd/Rte 191 across from Rugby Middle school.
Remember to enter through the exit, park in the parking lot to the right and walk to the back of the property.
You may renew your membership at the link below and you will again be eligible for ALL the benefits of being a member of HCBA.
HCBA Meeting Minutes
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes are now available online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, email@example.com
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx. monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as announcements of special speakers or programs, will be published as needs dictate.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!