2022 Beekeeping School
The Henderson County Beekeepers Association (HCBA) is pleased to announce the schedule for their 2022 Beekeeping School. This is one of this region’s most extensive beekeeping courses consisting of 7 classroom sessions and at least 2 apiary sessions with over a dozen instructors from the southeast. The course objective is to prepare you to successfully care for your bees during the first year of beekeeping. The $75 fee includes a textbook, course materials and one year Family membership in HCBA. Those completing the class and planning to become spring 2022 beekeepers are encouraged to take advantage of HCBAs unique mentor program. Mentors make themselves available to ‘hands on’ support and coach those completing this course during the critical first year of beekeeping.
The class is held every Monday evening for 7 weeks beginning January 10, 2022 from 7 to 9 p.m. on Zoom and either at Henderson County Extension Office in Jackson Park or Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center, 455 Research Drive in Mills River, North Carolina depending on how many people would like to meet live. For more information, go online or call 828-BEE-5623
Enroll in HCBA 2022 Bee School Now! www.hcbeekeepers.org
Open Board Positions
One item that we need to review with you again will be the upcoming election of new board members in the fall. If you’ve kept bees for a month or just taken our class, then you are considered qualified and can be a new voice and great contributor with your bee school feedback and new beekeeper ideas. Neither of the open Director positions requires a great deal of time or expertise but both are critical to helping us support the club and continuing its success.
The two open positions are as follows:
Internal Communications Director
Working closely with the Vice President to support the work of the webmaster and other internal communications activities of the HCBA. The HCBA webmaster shall serve on this committee. The Internal Communications Committee shall also be responsible with assisting in sending out emails to club membership regarding upcoming events.
Resources Committee shall oversee the availability, uses, and maintenance of the association’s physical assets (e.g.library materials, extractors, refractometer, demonstration hive, and any other physical assets of the association) and provide written reports at the end of each program year of the equipment status and use. In the best of circumstances, the members who are housing the equipment will serve on this committee, as will the Secretary.
Thanks for considering supporting your bee club and volunteering to serve in one of these two-year positions. Please contact Pat Roe (President) at 443-799-4653 or email email@example.com if you are interested or have any questions.
The Officers and Board of Henderson County Beekeepers Association
You may renew your membership at the link below and you will again be eligible for ALL the benefits of being a member of HCBA.
HCBA Meeting Minutes
HCBA Meeting Minutes, Board Meeting minutes are now available online. Access them from this LINK
Request for Speaker
Requests for an HCBA guest speaker may be directed to HCBA Director of External Communications, Jim Poe, firstname.lastname@example.org
HCBA uses several communications vehicles:
- The website at click here will give a summary of club communications
- The calendar of Events click here will provide specific details on scheduled events such as topic, date, time, location and agenda. For directions via google maps, click on the icon next to the address.
- Newsletters will be published approx. monthly. For the most part, the content will mirror the website, with the addition of some unique articles. The Newsletter represents the monthly email you will receive from HCBA.
- Facebook click here (or search on Henderson County Beekeepers in facebook) will provide the opportunity to chat with fellow beekeepers via social media. Ask questions, post pictures, tell tall tales, share your beekeeping experiences. Although club communications will often find their way here, please use the website or Newsletter to stay abreast of events and happenings.
- Periodic ‘special’ emails, such as announcements of special speakers or programs, will be published as needs dictate.
Your Contact Information
HCBA member contact information (phone number and email address) is only used to contact members for ‘official’ club business! Please keep your contact information up to date. To do so, log in and update your profile. Should you forget your password you may request a new password.
For event details please check our calendar of events
HCBA – Information by Beekeepers for Beekeepers!